Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chemisty activities in Martin Luther King Jr. Library in downtown San Jose

Daddy and I left home at about 11:40 am, took Capitol Expressway onto CA-87 North onto Santa Clara Street, Almaden Blvd and San Fernando Street and parked on 4th street. We went to Togo's for change to pay for parking. We went into the Martin Luther King Jr. library and attended the Chemistry activities in the Children's room. First, I participated in a penny experiment. I dropped one penny in plain water, one in water with acid, one in ketchup and the last one in Coca Cola. The penny in water with acid became shiny quickly because the acid removed the dirt on the penny. Next I participated in the Chemistry Wheel of Fortune and I was the first winner of a High-Five. Then, I saw the difference between dirt and Oreo cookies. Next, I mixed Poly Vinyl alcohol, water, and borax, creating a substance called slime which was (obviously) slimy. You can see me holding the slime I made in the photo above. Then, I went and asked some questions to the people who gave me the Oreo test. Then, we returned some library books. Then we returned home. This week is the 140th anniversary of the periodic table.

No comments:

Post a Comment